Friday, September 10, 2021

Catching the Herbert C. Jackson Near Grand Haven

 So on Sunday, I decided to head over to Grand Haven because I saw that the Herbert C. Jackson was heading in.  What I didn't realize was that it was a pretty windy day.

When I arrived in Grand Haven, I saw the Jackson making her way for the channel.  And then shortly after I took this picture, she turned away.  I think it was too windy for her to enter but it didn't really seem like it.  Then again, it's not my job on the line as I'm just taking pictures, the Captain could damage his ship.
She then started to do lazy circles near the channel.  I waited for about a half hour before I decided that she probably wasn't going to come in any time soon.  As I checked AIS a little later, I saw that she did come in.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll be out that way again.


No comments: