Friday, September 17, 2021

Catching Up With the Frontenac

 So last Saturday, I decided to go out boatwatching.  I saw that I had a chance to catch a couple of classics.

First up was the Frontenac.  She is the last of the classic Canadian lakers left.
There are still a pair of Canadian ships that have the pilothouse forward but they don't have the classic looks of this ship.
I'm not sure how much longer this ship will stick around though.
I'm not sure where she was headed though.  I want to say she was heading to Hamilton but I'm not sure.
It could have been Naticoke, in which case, she would have been carrying iron ore.
Anyway, it was a little on the windy side and that made for some nice wave action.
It's pretty amazing to see white caps on a river.
One of the reasons I like shooting on the St. Clair River.  I get some scenes without much of a background.
Last shot with my regular camera.
It was pretty windy but not too windy for my drone.
And I got some nice waves.
One of my favorite shots with my drone.
The beam shot.
And she passes by to greet the next ship.
Freighter jousting!
I decided to switch back to my other camera to get some pictures of the next ship.


No comments: