Saturday, September 18, 2021

Romulus Under the Moonlight

 After getting pictures of the Sykes, I decided to head over to the airport.  It was roughly the time that the 757s from the west coast came in.  As I was driving up to my spot, I saw one of them landing.  After I got to my spot, I checked my phone and saw that the other one was in the queue.

First up was a 717.  The 717 is a descendant of the DC-9.  It is Boeing's name after merging with McDonnell-Douglas.
This particular one was arriving from O'Hare.  I like this shot and I didn't notice until I got home that the moon was in it.
The next plane up was the plane that I wanted to catch.
It was a 757-300 which is the stretch version of the 757.
It was coming in from Los Angeles.
I like this version of the 757.
One more shot.
As I was getting ready to leave, I saw that there was another plane coming in.
It was the Fed Ex MD-11.
It is flight 505 from Memphis and it usually arrives around this time.  Although, sometimes they use a 767 instead of the MD-11.
Because of the flight number, I call it Devil 505.  That was the callsign of the plane in Flight of the Intruder.
Flight 505 is also a Rolling Stones song.


No comments: