Saturday, September 25, 2021

The American Spirit in Port Huron

 So I saw there were a couple of ships heading down.  After catching the Oberstar, I decided to head up to Port Huron to catch them.

I think the American Spirit was leaving Cleveland.
It was pretty cool to catch her since I haven't caught her in a while.
She's one of the ships that has scrubbers for her exhaust.
It helps her burn cleaner but I think it is also cheaper because she can still use Bunker C.
I think the scrubbers take out particulate matter and sulfur dioxide.
They pump out steam.
The bow shot.
With the steam coming out, she looks like a steamship.
Well maybe a little bit bigger.
And then I switched over to my drone.
I think I like this shot framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
She makes her turn for Lake Huron.


This was about as close as I could get to beam shot.
She makes her way out to Lake Huron as she is passed by a Coast Guard defender boat.
You can see a few sailboats in this shot.
And one more with my regular camera.


No comments: