Friday, September 17, 2021

Herbie the Love Boat

 It seems like it was a good day to catch a pair of classic lakers.  Because of the breeze, it wasn't too hot.  The breeze also made for some nice wave action.

So the boatnerd community has adopted a number of nicknames for the Herbert C. Jackson.
The most common is Action Jackson after the movie.
I like to use Herbie the Love Boat.
Occasionally, I will use the name Herb Superb from a Cheech and Chong movie.
This is one of the reasons why I like to  take pictures in Port Huron.  You usually have a couple of chances to get a bow shot.
She makes her turn to enter the channel.
And then catches a wave and sits on top of the orld.
Quite a few white caps on Lake Huron.
I think I like the quarter angle better than the bow shot though.
And I just keep shooting.
The other bow shot that you can get in Port Huron.
And then she turns to hit the river and she hits a couple of waves again.
She was coming down from Marquette.
She had a load of taconite.
And was delivering it to AK Steel in Dearborn.
ONe more shot with my regular camera.
It still wasn't too windy for my drone.  I think I am liking the lower angles better.
I kind of like this shot.
And she starts to pass.
Getting a beam shot.
A little more of a beam shot.
And she continues down the river.

In another 7 hours, she'll be in Dearborn.

No comments: