Monday, September 20, 2021

The Harvest Spirit Passes Belle Isle

 My mom wanted to go to Belle Isle to see the fountain.  It was a good thing I didn't try to catch the Tregurtha at Belle Isle because it was pretty crazy.  It was a nice night, so everybody was out there.  As I was going down the one side, I saw the Appledore passing by.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of her and it would have been cool because she was under sail.

Anyway, as we got to the other end of the island.  I saw a ship coming down.  I was not expecting a ship to be coming down but I found a place to stop.
I thought the moon reflecting on the water looked pretty cool  Unfortunately, if I wanted a setting where the moon didn't look like a gaseous ball, the ship would be too dark.  Since I'd rather see the ship, gaseous ball it was.
She was heading down to Windsor.  I presume she was heading for the grain elevator to either deliver grain or load grain.
She is owned by McKeil Marine and it seems like they take pretty good care of their ships.
She passes the Detroit Princess.






No comments: