Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Cuyahoga Heads for her Namesake River

 And this was the ship that I wanted to catch.

Whenever I get a chance to catch the Cuyahoga, I try to catch her.
She gets alot of work but she is also old.
Every time I see her, I think it is going to be the last.
I would had to see that because she is beautiful ship.
Anyway, I think she loaded stone from the Bruce Mines but I don't remember.
She was heading to Cleveland, which I do remember.  
I kind of wish this were Saturday because I could have caught her on the Cuyahoga.
Oh well.
It was a nice day and the rest of the week wasn't so nice.
The bow shot.
And she turns to the river.
One more shot with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
Again she is a nice looking ship, if a little bit rusty.
I think she is the last example of one of the early war, World War II ships.

A beam shot.
She continues on.
And then I headed to Marysville.
Again, I wanted to get as many pictures as possible.
I hate to think as she's going to scrap that I didn't get enough.

She comes closer.


And then I switched over to my littler lens.
The almost beam shot.
The beam shot.
And she continues on.
I had some trouble getting a parking spot at St. Clair, so I couldn't get the other ship. 
The Cuyahoga was a little closer than I liked, so I just took my drone down to the river.
I couldn't quite get a beam shot.
And one more picture.  Like I said, she was heading to Cleveland.  That meant she would be there sometime on Monday.  Since I work, it would be difficult to catch her there.  I would like to because I would love some shots on her namesake river.


No comments: