Monday, September 20, 2021

The Lee A. Tregurtha Passes Del Ray

 Like I said in my last post, there was a ship that dragged me down to Detroit.  It turns out that ship was the Lee A. Tregurtha.

I saw that she was heading to Dearborn and that meant she had a load of taconite.  I was hoping to catch her on the Rouge but my light was leaving fast.
The light for this was kind of perfect though.  Especially as she passes the Detroit Skyline.
I love the light of the waning sunset.  Gives a nice golden cast.
One more picture with my regular camera.
And then I switched to my drone.
Unfortunately, she was getting on the far side of the Detroit River and she was moving out of the range of my drone.
So I couldn't get the shots I normally get but these aren't bad.
I kind of like this shot.
Unfortunately, I couldn't pull my drone back far enough.
She starts to pass.
The almost beam shot.
The Canadian side of the bridge to the right of my picture.
And one more shot.

As it turns out, this wouldn't be the last I would see of her.  More on that in a later post.



No comments: