Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The Munson Moseys By

 This is the other ship that I was interested in catching.

The Munson was coming down from one of the stone ports.
That is either Cedarville, Calcite or Drummond Island usually.
She was heading to the stone dock that is near the Ambassador Bridge.  If I would have known I wasn't going to catch the Jackson, I would have gone over there to catch her as she was docking there.
A relative of mine served on her for a summer, so it always nice to catch her.
Plus she's a nice looking boat.
And I think she looks fairly similar to the Saginaw.
She had to spend a couple weeks in Sturgeon Bay to get repairs and that is unusual.
She tends to stay busy during the season.
And I think she is mostly used to carry stone.
And stone is in demand almost everywhere.  So she ends up going everywhere.
I was still in a spot where I could use my drone.
I was happy about that because the lighting was just about perfect.
And I love the blue of the Detroit River.
I think it is fairly clean at this point.
It is dirtier more downriver and I think they are going to do a sediment study down there.
A beam shot.
And she passes by.
She is probably about 45 minutes from her destination at this point.


No comments: