Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Lee A. Tregurtha Passes Port Huron

 This was the other ship that I caught Friday night.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to catch her on Saturday but then I saw that she was heading up.  I think she stopped for fuel which helped.

The Lee A. Tregurtha unloaded taconite at the steel mill on the Rouge River and now she was heading out.
I'm not sure where she was headed though.
I think it was Marquette where she would pick up another load of taconite.
At any rate, it was pretty cool to catch her.  
She is certainly one of the more unique looking boats on the Great Lakes.
She still has her saltwater bow, which is a reminder of her time as a tanker.
She has a different looking pilothouse too.
She gives the bowshot.
She makes the turn for Lake Huron.
One more shot of that.

And then I switched over to my drone.
Now I know why they call this the Blue Water Area.
I think I like this shot the best.

She passes by and gives me a beam shot.
And then she heads out to Lake Huron.
One more shot before calling it a day.


No comments: