Sunday, June 12, 2011

Another of My Favorite Subjects

Frequent visitors to this blog will know that one of my favorite places in Michigan is the Mackinac Bridge. Mainly because it leads up to the Upper Penninsula but also because I think it is a truly beautiful bridge. It has been a while since I have traveled up that way, so I decided to head up there yesterday. It was nice in Bay City but it wasn't so nice in Mackinaw City.
Sadly, if I had gotten to the bridge about 10 minutes sooner, I could have gotten a shot where the towers were obscured by clouds.
The shot of the bridge as you just get into the park. I kind of like this shot.
The pretty much standard shot through the birch trees. I've seen several shots like this one. I've taken several shots like this one.
The shot from the other end of the park. In this one, you can almost see the full bridge.
Which is why I took this shot. You can see the full 5 miles of the bridge. I wish we would have had a little more time yesterday, because I would have gone to my favorite spot for Bridge pics.
I got a nice treat yesterday as I looked off to the west and saw a ship coming to the bridge. So I waited a bit to get a shot of it under the bridge.
And then a shot as the ship has passed the bridge. I will post a little bit more about the ship in a bit.
One more shot for the road.

No comments: