Thursday, June 2, 2011

Waiting at the Ann Arbor Train Station

So last week, I went on my train trip out west. I did some brief postings as I went along to keep all of you updated on my whereabouts and as I did so I said that I would post more pictures when I got home. Well, I am home and here is the first group of my pictures.
Well, a journey has to start somewhere, so I figured I would start this one where I started my own journey. This was at the Ann Arbor Amtrak Station. It's a shame that they have to use this station and not the Gandydancer as that is a much more trainy looking place. Oh well...any port in the storm.
Just in case you didn't know what town you were in. My only major complaint about the Ann Arbor Amtrak Station is that the long term parking is across the tracks, so you have to cross over a bridge to get to the station. When I am taking a trip to Chicago, that is not bad as I only have a camera bag but when I'm taking a trip across the country, it's a little difficult. Oh well, I hear that they may be either building a new station or upgrading this one. I hope that they put a little more consideration in the parking situation.
This is looking towards the west and at all the people waiting for the Wolverine.
The Wolverine as it approaches the station. I kind of like this shot of the train as it comes out of the mist. But then again, I like pictures of trains.
The Wolverine as it gets closer to the station.
Okay, this isn't quite waiting at the station anymore but it is close enough to the station. This is Barton Pond near Barton Dam. I kind of liked this shot, but I would have liked a shot of the dam more but it was into the sun.
The conductor as he collects tickets. This is one of the aspects of train travel that I kind of like. It harkens back to the old days.

No comments: