Thursday, June 2, 2011

Boulder Canyon

So a friend of mine picked me up at the train station. Well, I should say that he picked me up at the temporary train station as they are in the process of renovating the original train station. I am glad that they are renovating the station, but it would have been nice that someone would have let me know so that I could let my friend know as the temporary station is a couple blocks away from the main station. Anyways, he ended up taking me up to the Boulder Canyon which was really cool.

A shot looking up at one of the mountains.

I'm not sure what kind of flower this is but I like the looks of it.


I really like the look of these flowers but again I'm not sure what they are. They have the nicest looking blues.
Again, another flower that I find very nice looking.
A tree on one of the mountains.
Some cacti. This is a plant that I don't get to see in the wild in Michigan.
I'm not sure what river or creek this is.
A nice purple flower. Again, I'm not sure what kind of flower it is.
I really liked the look of this flower. Especially with the bug on it.
I want to say this is a lilac but I also want to say that I am probably wrong.
I forget what I was taking a picture of but I saw a little motion in the grass and it turns out that it was this snake. I'm not sure what kind though.
Another nice flower.
Another part of the stream above.
I really liked this shot of the flowers with the cactus.
It's funny, normally I wouldn't take a shot like this but I saw a couple of artists painting it. After looking at it, I'm glad I did.
Another group of flowers.
I really liked this shot of the mountains.
I also liked this shot.
Since I live in Michigan, I don't get to see mountains that often so it was pretty neat to see them along with the flora that live on them.

1 comment:

BlueDragon said...

I have family in Colorado. I always loved going on hikes into the mountains and checking out the arid-zone plants like cacti that lived there. Great pictures; I'm looking forward to seeing your work during football season.