Thursday, June 2, 2011

On the California Zephyr...Part I

So next I found myself back on the California Zephyr after roughly a year of being on the Zephyr the last time. If you only had the chance to take one train trip in your life, I would seriously recommend taking the Zephyr from Denver to Emeryville (which is roughly outside of San Francisco between Berkley and Oakland).

Last year, I took the California Zephyr heading east from Emeryville straight through to Chicago. This year, I took it heading east with a brief stay in Denver. I think it was nicer this way as I was
going through the plains thinking to myself that the best part is coming up.

A shot of Chicago as we were pulling out of Union Station. The Sears Tower and I'm not sure what the building next to it is but I still like it.

A random barn somewhere in Illinois.

I kind of liked the look of this barn. I also kind of wished the train would stop so that I could get better pictures of it.A shot of a building in Ottumwa, Iowa. The only reason that I am familiar with Ottumwa is because of Radar from MASH.
A shot of the train as we were in a slight stop.
A barn somewhere on the western edge of Iowa. The sun was starting to set.
Some graffitti near the station in Omaha.
A really bad shot of Cornhusker Stadium. It is amazing, all is dark around except for the stadium which shines out like a cathedral or something.
A shot of some cows in Eastern Colorado.
A shot of the mountains off in the distance.
Denver as we approach the train station.
One of the BNSF engines in Denver.
A pair of BNSF engines. I will tell more about the history of this railroad later.
Another shot of Denver.

No comments: