Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Brief Visit to San Francisco

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time in Emeryville and consequently, I didn't get to spend much time in San Francisco. I basically went over there to snap a couple pictures and head back to the hotel. Kind of a shame because I think San Francisco is a beautiful city. Oh well, maybe I'll head there next year since I've basically got my western train trips out of the way.I decided to get on the BART to head over to San Francisco. It was kind of neat as it passes under the bay. Note the poster to the right stating how we were going to get raptured. I'm still here.....
The Port of San Francisco Ferry Terminal. I decided to just wander around here for a bit especially since I didn't get many pictures from around it last year.
Looking up at the tower.
Looking up at the tower from a more extreme angle. I kind of like my shots like this.
One of the landmarks I didn't get a picture of last year was the Bay Bridge. Well here it is. Although, I should get myself a picture from the other side. The Bay Bridge was opened in 1936. It comprises two type of bridges. The one pictured above is the suspension portion. The other bridge is a cantilever bridge. The total length is 4.5 miles.
Looking down Market Street.
A seagull with the Bay Bridge behind him.
A couple of musicians in the BART station.
A bad picture of the BART. The concept for the BART came about in the 40's and construction began in the 60's. It was finally completed in the 70's.
A shot of Oakland from the BART.
I purposely picked a hotel that was near the train station. Little did I realize that it would be right across from it. Given my love of trains, I had to take a picture from my balcony.

No comments: