Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Henry Ford Museum

Last time I was at the Henry Ford Museum, I decided to get a membership. They sent coupons so that I could take a guest, so I took my dad to the museum. I think it was the first time that he'd been there in a while. Unfortunately, I felt a little off when taking pictures so I didn't get that many.

They had a pretty cool Civil War exhibit going on. There were some papers from the National Archives that included letters, manifest lists, etc. It was interesting. Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures of that...so here's a cannon.

This was a plane from an expedition to the Artic.

This was an Auto-Giro used by the Detroit News. It would take off like a plane and could land like a helicopter. It was used mostly in the 30's.

This was the limosine used by Eisenhower. They have others but this was the one that wasn't so blurry.
I don't remember what kind of car this was. They had all the cars clusted together because they are in the process of redoing their auto exhibit.
This is the Allegheny which was a steam engine that was used by the C & O Railroad to get stuff up and down the mountains. The thing is pretty huge.
The venerable DC-3. This particular one is in Northwest Airlines livery.
Another angle of the DC-3.
The Ford GT which won at the LeMans back in the 60's. It is a pretty cool looking car. For this shot, I got down on the ground. It is amazing how low to the ground it is.

No comments: