Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dexter, Michigan

So I had to go to Dexter for during lunch today (more on that later). Fortunately it is not too far from work (about 15 miles and a 20 minute drive roughly), so it wasn't too much of a problem. It is a nice little town to the west of Ann Arbor and as a bonus I got to eat lunch at Metzgers (a German Restaurant).The area was first settled in 1824 when Samuel Dexter purchased the land and started the village. It was known as Mill Creek Settlement until it was officially recognized as a village in 1830 and named after its founder.
It originally had a bunch of mills centered around Mill Creek and the Huron River.
This is pretty much just the downtown section. It reminds me of just about any other southern Michigan town.
I kind of liked the effect on this picture. It is looking in the hardware store.
Looking down Main Street.
I'm gonna have to go back because I barely just touched the surface.

No comments: