Friday, February 21, 2014

Ann Arbor by Sunset

I decided to head over to Ann Arbor after work tonight.  I was thinking of going last night but the weather was still pretty crappy.  It was pertty warm tonight except for the fact that the wind was blowing pretty hard.
 The parking structure has different animals for different levels.  I had to take a picture of this one because I think Redd Foxx is a pretty funny comedian.
 This is probably becoming one of my favorite views.  The sunsetting behind it made it look pretty cool I think.
One of the window displays at the Arcadian Antique shop.  I really like the way these are arranged and I think they make for a good still life.
 The setting sun hitting some of the buildings on North University.
 A shot of Hill Auditorium and the Burton Memorial Tower.  I really liked the way the sun was hitting this one.
 A shot of Hill Auditorium from the front.  This another of Kahn's buildings.
 Looking up at Burton Memorial Tower.
 A shot of the Horace Rackham Graduate School.  I think this is a really cool looking building.
 The Michigan League Building.
 Another shot of the Burton Memorial Tower.  This time, the sun was lower, so I was getting some of the oranges and pinks in the shot.
 Looking across at the Grad Library.
 Looking up at the flag.  I really like the way the shine was shining on this one.
 The Grad Library.
 The M at the center of the Diag.
 Clements Library.
 Looking up at the Michigan Union Tower.
 An oblique angle of the Michigan Union.
 I haven't taken a picture of the Endover Cube in a while.
It's a shame that my light was waning at this point.  I kind of like the looks of this building because for some reason, it makes me think of a cult or something.
Looking up State Street.  The light was starting to wane even more.  It was too windy for a tripod tonight.
 Looking across the street at the State Theater.
 Another shot of the Michigan Theater sign.
 Looking up at the Michigan Theater sign.  This is probably my favorite angle.
A shot looking up Liberty Street.

No comments: