Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ann Arbor's Cobblestone House

I felt like I had to do some photography tonight but I didn't want to do anything that would take too long because it was cold outside again.  I decided that I would stop at the cobblestone house again, since it is kind of neat.
 Behind the cobblestone house, there is an old log cabin.  It's hard to imagine that a family would actually live in something like this.  Even if you compare to the size of a modest home these days, it is still pretty small but I guess when you are building something yourself, you're not going to go too overboard.
 I could almost imagine Laura and Pa Ingalls coming out of this one.
 A shot of the house and a small garden to the left of it.  I like the scarecrows.
The cobblestone house makes a nice comparison to the log cabin I think.  It is a little bigger for one thing.
 And alot more ornate.  I really like the pattern of the cobblestones.
 An oblique angle.
 I was trying to somewhat frame the house with the trees.  Not sure how it worked.
 Behind the cobblestone house, there is a barn with some animals.  The goat came right up to me.
 Because of the goat, it was difficult to get a picture of just the horse.  So I'll have to be content with a shot of his head.
 The barn itself.
 Another barn that they use for receptions and what not.
A side shot of the house.  One of these days, I will have to check it out when it is open and I can go inside.

No comments: