Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Yes, It Is Still Winter

So we got dumped on again today but I ended up going into work.  It was a blast driving into work as well.  Fortunately there weren't any accidents along the way because that would have made things really fun.  I've been taking my camera because I've been hoping to catch pictures of a hawk that hangs around work.  So far the only day that he showed up was while I was in a meeting.  I'm sure I'll be able to catch him at some point eventually because he's a pretty neat looking hawk.   I was able to take some pictures around the office though.
 Even though it looks pretty enough, I am getting tired of the snow.  I'm just glad I work in relatively beautiful surroundings.  The snow looked nice draped over the pins.
 Then I went trudging through that snow to look for some pinecones.  I didn't find them on the first tree, instead I found these things.
 Then I wandered over to the next tree.  I think I was going through roughly 6 to 8 inches worth of snow.  It was fun but I think the picture was worth it.
 Another set of pinecones.
 I kind of liked this shot because of the snow draped over the branch.
 Then I went back to my favorite stand of trees.  I really like these birch trees.
 This kind of gives you an indication of how the snow was blowing.
 This gives you a better idea of the wind speed.
 I really like the way this line of trees looked, especially with the way the sun was shining on them.
 Same with this stand.  I just wish I didn't have the parking lot in the background.
 For these shots, I used my telephoto lens.  I liked the way the snow was draped over our cherry maples.
 I kind of wish I could have gotten closer but I didn't want to trudge through the snow in the front of the building.  I think it was built up more.
 I think this picture gives you a pretty good idea of how much snow we've been getting.
 Another shot of the berries.
 I loved the way the light was shining on the trees as I was leaving work.  I just wish I could have gotten an angle without our building in the back.
One more shot.  If you look closely at the shadows, you can see the photographer.

Here's to good weather for the weekend and maybe I can get some pictures of something else.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Lovely photographs - I always think snow is lovely if you never have to go out in it, then it's horrid stuff.

I wish all these snowstorms would stop, I think winter has well made it's point by now!