Friday, October 30, 2015

Morning With the Indiana Harbor

So when I woke up on Monday morning, it was pretty foggy as I looked out the window.  So that meant I took a little longer to get moving.  Once thing nice about the fog is that you can hear all the fog horns.  When I saw that a ship was actually leaving the locks, I decided to get moving.
 As I headed to my first spot to catch the ship coming out of the locks, I was greeted by the sight of the Indiana Harbor waiting to get into the locks.
 Soon, I was greeted by the sight of the Burns Harbor leaving the locks.  It's not very often that you can get two thousand footers in a picture (although it happened twice for me this weekend).  It's even rarer when you can get two ships with almost the same name in the shot.  If I recall Burns Harbor and Indiana Harbor are neighbors and both are visited by both ships.
 After catching the Burns Harbor passing Mission Point, I decided to head back to the Locks to catch the Indiana Harbor leaving.
I didn't stick around long enough to catch the bumper sticker I want though.

No comments: