Saturday, October 31, 2015

Our Main Attraction...the Roger Blough

It was the Roger Blough that dragged me up to Port Huron and it wasn't long before she appeared.
 She is headed from Two Harbor, Minnesota with a load of taconite and is bound for Conneaut, Ohio.
 After she unloads at Conneaut, she will be off to Erie, PA where she will go into layup.  It's unusual to see a ship head to layup this early in the season but I guess the steel market is soft right now.  At anyrate, it's a welcome reprieve given the past couple of seasons that she's had.
 She's still my favorite thought and it's a shame that I wont see her again until next season.
 She passes the paper mill.
 And the headshot.
 She is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I kind of like this shot as she continues her way down the St. Clair River.
 The clouds looked pretty nice.
 And she makes her way further.
 A shot of her pilothouse as she passes in front of me.  I think one of the reasons why I like the Blough is because she has the classic laker configuration.
 With her lack of a boom, she has the classic laker look.
 Even though she is a self-unloader.
 But she has a different style of unloader.
 She continues on.
And I bid her farewell until next season.

No comments: