Thursday, October 29, 2015

Waking Up to the Cort

So as I was checking AIS Saturday night, I was seeing the Cort approaching the Soo.  I wasn't sure if she would be there after sunrise in order for me to catch her.  As it turned out, she would arrive almost right at sunrise.
 Sadly, I was shooting into the sun for the shot, so she's quite a bit silhouetted.  I still thinks it makes a nice shot.
 It was getting a little lighter as she was working her way up the river.
 But still not quite light enough.  However, you can see the #1 on her deckhouse.  That declares her status as the first thousand footer on the Lakes.
 Here she is about to greet another thousand footer.  More on that one in the next post.
After some lollygagging, I decided to head over to the other side of the locks in order to catch her there.  This was the best I could do as Sherman Park was closed until spring.

No comments: