Friday, October 23, 2015

The Ken Boothe Sr/Lakes Contender Makes an Appearance

Next up is a tug/barge combination.
 I'm not a huge fan of tug/barges but I do like this one.  I think it is one of the nicer looking ones out there.  But then again, this was designed to be a tug/barge and wasn't built out of an older ship.
 The Ken Boothe Sr/Lakes Contender has been on this blog before, so I wont go into their details much.  They are run by American Steamship.
 The Ken Boothe was returning from Ashtabula and she is heading up to Calcite where she will pick up a load of stone.
 I'm not sure where she is headed after that.
 Here she is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I liked her assortment of flags.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 A shot of the tug itself.
 And she heads out into Lake Huron.
 As I was taking shots of the boat, I noticed one of the crew members hanging out on the back of the pilothouse.  I thought it was kind of neat.
One more shot of the boat.

No comments: