Friday, October 23, 2015

Waking Up to the Munson

I ended up taking today off because I was thinking of heading up north today.  Since I also took Monday off, I'm going to head up north tomorrow.  Since I had the day free today, I decided to catch a couple of ships today.
 When I looked AIS last night, I saw that the Munson was heading down.  I knew that it would be dark when she passed Port Huron, so I decided to catch her off Belle Isle.
 It has been a while since I've caught a ship off Belle Isle.  Last time I tried, the water levels were fairly high and it made it more difficult.
 But I managed to find a decent spot today, although I almost got wet in the process.  It was a little windy today but the weather was nice.
 The lighting was just about right too.
 I even got a hint of color in some of my pictures.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  I think she has one of the better looking pilothouses of the older ships.
 A shot of her deckhouse.  Rumor has it that she is going to be repowered over the winter. 
One more shot of her as she continues down the Detroit River.  She was heading to Zug Island this morning.

No comments: