Sunday, January 1, 2023

My First Ship of 2023

 I decided to go out boatwatching again today.  I wanted to get my first ship of the year.  I wasn't sure which one it would be until I saw it in the morning.

The Mesabi Miner was heading up from Monroe.
That was after she headed down from St. Clair.
I think she also had some issues with the ice in Lake Erie, so the trip took a little longer than normal.
She was delivering a split load of coal.  I think they need to get their deliveries before the Soo Locks are closed.
I'm not sure exactly how much coal gets delivered to each plant.
I'm pretty sure that there is at least one delivery a week to St. Clair.
The bow shot.  Port Huron is good for these.
She makes her turn to leave the channel.
She gives a nice angle.
Framed by the Blue Water Bridges.
I kind of like the reflections in this shot.
Her full 1000 feet.
A shot of her pilothouse.
And what would be the beam shot.
She continues out into Lake Huron.

One more shot before moving on to my next ship.

No comments: