Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Stop in Clare for Lunch

On Thursday I headed up to Sault Ste Marie for Engineer's Day on Friday.  First I had to pick up my dad.  He lives near Lansing, so I had to take US-127 to get up north.  I don't think it adds much time to the trip but it does let me make a stop in Clare, so it's a wash in my opinion.
 There is a little place in Clare where they serve pretty awesome hamburgers.  The place is called the Whitehouse and it has been in Clare since the 1930's.  I think it started as a hamburger stand at first and became what it is today.
 Since I was in Clare,  I decided to take a few pictures.
 Midwestern Town Standard Template 3.
 the other side of the street.
 the movie theater.
 The Whitehouse is pretty small but there are picnic tables on the outside.  As you can see, it was pretty packed.  This is almost one of those places that if you didn't know about it, you'd miss it.
 The grill.
 My lunch consisted of a cheeseburger and fries.  Both were pretty good.
I didn't stop at Cops and Doughnuts this time however.

No comments: