Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Catching the Algoway

I took today off because I thought that possibly I would head up to the Soo today with my Dad but it turned out that he had jury duty.  I saw that there were a couple of ships that I could catch.  One of them is a ship that I think has a date with the scrappers in the near future.
 Algoma has been modernizing their fleet lately and I think they have a few more ships on that way.  Given that the Algoway is over 40 years old, that can only mean one thing for her fate.  It's kind of a shame because it seems like she has alot of life left in her.
 Until that day actually comes, I will try to enjoy her as much as possible.
 I'm not sure if she qualifies as a beautiful ship, but she certainly qualifies as a neat looking ship.
 She was going from Calumet Harbor to Windsor.  As I type this post, she's in Windsor.
 She's framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 And she continues down the river.
 I didn't think I would catch up with her again, but I stopped in St. Clair to catch another ship and she was approaching.
 A couple more pictures couldn't hurt.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues down the St. Clair River.

No comments: