Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Detroit After Dark

I wanted to try to get some aircraft pictures before the sun went down.  Sadly, I didn't make it to the airport in time for that.
 I did try to get a dusk shot of the Airport itself.  Just wish I didn't have this fence in the way.  I kind of like it though.
 Then I decided to head to downtown Detroit.  I ended up going after the Tigers game so I didn't have to deal with too much traffic.  The One Woodward Building looked pretty cool.
 I'll admit, it has been way too long since I last took pictures of the Spirit of Detroit.
 Another angle.
 Looking up at the Guardian Building.
 Looking up at what used to be the Comerica Tower.
 the Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
 Another angle of the Spirit of Detroit.
 Probably my favorite angle of the Spirit of Detroit.
 Looking down Jefferson towards the Renaissance Center.
 Looking up Woodward towards the Fox Theatre and stuff.
 Looking down Woodward towards the Guardian Building.
 From the edge of Campus Martius.
 This Fountain was pretty neat, but I couldn't catch it at the right time.
 Another angle of the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial.
 Looking down Woodward from the other end of Campus Martius.
 Another angle.
 Looking out towards Michigan Avenue.  As I was taking this picture, a police car came by.
 Another look up Woodward Avenue.  To the right you can see the new rail line for the street rail car that is going to be installed.  I think it is going to look like the one I saw in Norfolk.
The Kern's Sign.  If you look closely, you can see a selfie of sorts.

No comments: