Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ending the Day With the Gott

I thought I would have a chance to catch a gaggle of ships in the evening, but it turns out that they weren't coming until much later.  The sun was setting as I was taking these pictures, so the Gott would be my last ship of the day.
 She works her way up the St. Marys River until she reaches Mission Point.
 The lighting was just about perfect.  As I said in the last post, I couldn't have asked for a better day.  I think she was returning from Gary after delivering a load of taconite.  I'm not sure if she was off to Duluth or Two Harbors.  Either way, she'd have a little more than a day of sailing.
 The water was almost calm enough to get some nice reflections.
 And she gets closer.
 Her Plimsoll lines indicate that she's not loaded.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And she passes by Mission Point.
I headed to the Power Plant next to catch some pictures of her there.  As I was taking this picture, a Coast Guard Defender boat decided to pass her.  Kind of gives you a sense of just how big she is.

I will post the rest of my trip pictures tomorrow.

Enjoy.

No comments: