Wednesday, June 29, 2016

And the American Spirit

The next ship is always a favorite of mine.
 She is the American Spirit and is one of 13 thousand footers that travel on the Great Lakes.  I'm pretty sure this may be the first time that I've seen her this year.
 I thought that she was heading down to Zug Island, but it turns out she was heading to Indiana Harbor instead.  It seems like she has been calling on Zug mostly this year.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And she continues down the River.
 I wanted to catch some other pictures and I remember visiting a spot last year where I would have a shot of doing that.  It is on the other side of the Rock Cut and down from Barbeau.  When I first found it, it was a two track.  Last year it was improved and I figured it would be a good spot but it was only now that I could prove that.
 The ships aren't too close but close enough.
 I can get some decent beam shots.
 Where you can imagine the size of these ships.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues on her way to Indiana Harbor.

No comments: