Sunday, June 12, 2016

Traveling Amongst the Trains

After taking pictures of my friend's memorial, I decided to head down to Ohio in order to get some train pictures.  It has been a while since I've been to either Deshler or Fostoria but I'm not sure yesterday was quite the day to do it.  At points the thermometer crept up to 100F which didn't make for a pleasant day taking pictures.
I decided to stop at my normal spot to get pictures of the switcher engine.
Another angle of that.
A barn along the way.
As I got there, I saw that there was a green signal on the line heading south.  I also saw that there was a train there, so I assume that meant there was either train heading from the north or that there would be train turning on that line.  It wasn't long before I got the answer to my question.  This train was heading from the west.
It was kind of cool because I don't think I've ever seen a train coming from this way.
The Deshler Water Tower.
I kind of liked this graffitti.
And this one.
The train that would end up going on this line had to wait.
You can see the first train passing by.
This was with my big lens, so I wasn't in any danger of being hit.
Some of the signals.
The engines.
Another wait.
Another westbound train.
And it continues on its way.
One more shot before it moved on.
I decided to head over to Fostoria but it was way too hot.  I didn't really feel like waiting for trains but I did get a picture of this one.  It has my favorite Union Pacific art.

No comments: