Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pictures on the Way

My dad ended up driving up to the Soo, so I had a chance to get some pictures along the way.
 We had one delay because somebody ended up on the side of the road and they had half of the freeway closed.  And by the side of the road, I mean all the way near the trees up there.
 I-75 is the main thoroughfare up to Sault Ste Marie.  Planning for the creation of I-75 began in the 1950's with the planning of the other major interstates.  Originally, it was planned to start in Tampa and work it's way north.  With the growth of cities in Eastern Florida, it started in Miami, headed west to Tampa and then north.  It mostly follows the route of the old Dixie Highway.  Construction began sometime in the 1960's and ended in 1977 when it was completed to Sault Ste Marie.  It is the 7th longest Interstate and second longest north-south freeway after I-95.  It passes through Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan.
 I'll have to say that there are some pretty nice views on the way.
 It gets hillier towards the northern end of the Lower Peninsula.

 The Bridge in sight.
 One of my favorite signs in the state.
It still remains pretty nice once you cross the Bridge.

No comments: