Monday, June 29, 2020

A Brief Bit of Spotting

So last week, I decided to go for a brief bit of planespotting.  I was hoping to catch a UPS 757, Fed Ex 757 and DC-10 (or MD-11).  It turned out that I didn't start in time to catch the UPS 757, I saw it landing and I couldn't get a good spot to catch it.   The DC-10 wasn't coming until way later.  It seems that cargo flights are on their time sometimes.
 I ended up having to go by the McDonalds on Merriman to do my spotting.  They were using 22L for landing.  I think they were doing something with 22R and my normal spot wasn't good enough.  As you can see, it was a little on the windy side.
 It turns out that this was a Bombardier Global Express.  I'm not sure where it was coming from but it is a pretty neat looking plane.  It was a pleasant surprise at any rate.
 It was followed by the plane I was really waiting for.
 Until the passenger 757s come out of layup, this will have to do for me.  It is still nice to see it.
 This particular 757 was coming in from Indianapolis.
 When she headed out, she headed to Memphis.
While passenger service is down, I think cargo planes are making up for that.

No comments: