Thursday, June 4, 2020

Catching the Frontenac at Mission Point

I saw this ship as soon as I got there but this isn't the ship that I was going to see but it was still pretty nice to see her.
 The Frontenac was coming down from Thunder Bay (I think).  She was heading to Port Colborne which is the Lake Erie entrance to the Welland Canal.
 I like to catch the Frontenac because she is one of a handful of Canadian Lakers that are still left.
 I'm not sure when she did her five year inspection.  I heard it was fairly recently, so I might have a couple of years to catch her.
 I do admit, it will be a shame to see her go because she is such a beautiful ship.
 Her pilothouse.  For some reason, it reminds me of the pilothouse of the Algomarine or Algosteel.  I think that might be because they were built at the same yard.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 And she continues down the St. Marys River.
 From this point, it is about 24 hours until she passes Detroit and I think it is another 24 hours to her destination.
She continues down the River.

No comments: