Sunday, June 14, 2020

Catching the Alpena on the Flip Side

So this is the ship that I was hoping to catch.
 I saw that the Alpena was making her return trip from Detroit.
 She was heading up to Alpena where she would pick up another load of cement.
 I'm not sure where she would be heading from there but it was nice to see her here.
 Like  I said in my other Alpena post, this is the first time I've seen her this season.
 It's always nice to catch ships in Port Huron because you can usually get pictures from any angle as they approach the bridge.
 Including the mighty head shot.
 She makes her turn towards the channel.
 The light was just about right.
 I love the blues in the river.
 She passes under the bridge.
 Gives me an almost beam shot.
 And the beam shot.
 She heads out into the Lake.
One more shot.  The Lake looks amazing here on a nice day.

No comments: