Thursday, June 4, 2020

Catching the Hollyhock in Action

The next ship was following fairly closely to the Blough.
 The Hollyhock is a ship that I see often enough but usually she is docked.
  She has her home port in Port Huron and is usually near where I like ships.
 She was designed to be a buoy tender but she can also act as an icebreaker and law enforcement vessel.  But I think she acts as a headquarters ship as a law enforcement vessel.
 She is equipped with a positioning system that allows her to maintain her position within 10 meters in winds up to 30 knots and waves up to 8 feet.  That helps her in precision placing of buoys.
 As an icebreaker, she is probably better than the Bay class cutters but not as good as the medium icebreakers.
 I will have to say that she is a pretty neat looking ship.
 Her boom says "Sentinel of the Seas".
 A beam shot.
I think she was going to dock in Sault Ste Marie.

No comments: