Sunday, June 28, 2020

Catching the John G. Munson

So I'm trying to catch up with my posting.  This is from Sunday June 21, 2020.  I wasn't going to do anything that day but then  I saw that a Littoral Combat Ship was coming down.  I still wasn't sure if I wanted to catch her or not so I headed to Belle Isle first since the Munson was coming down.
 I think the Munson was coming down from one of the stone ports near Alpena.  I don't remember which one exactly.  I think she was delivering to Detroit which meant she was going partially up the Rouge River.
 I like it when I catch downbound ships because they are usually loaded.  I think ships look better when they are loaded because they sit lower in the water.
 the Munson is a particularly nice looking ship.
 I hear that there are quite a few other ships that are laying up because they are still keeping some steel mills close.
 I'm pretty sure the Munson wont be laid up because she hauls stone quite a bit.  The Covid pandemic has not slowed construction since that part was reopened.
 A beam shot.
 she continues down the river.

 I think she would be about an hour away from her destination.
 I think that is a power plant behind her.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: