Monday, June 1, 2020

And a Stop at Point Betsie

Since it's not too far away, I decided to stop at Point Betsie as well.  The water was pretty high there as well, so I didn't walk out on the beach but I still got some decent pictures.
 I will have to say Point Betsie is one of my favorite lighthouses.  It is certainly one of the more unique looking lighthouses in Michigan.  With the roof, it almost reminds me of a barn.
So I walked over a little bit to get this angle.  I kind of like it.

As we left Point Betsie, we continued over to Sleeping Bear Dunes but they were closed.  As we got closer to Traverse City, we looked at the cherry orchards and noticed that all the cherry blossoms were gone.  We were going to head over to the Leelanau peninsula but decided it wouldn't be worth it.  So we headed home.

On the way home, I stopped at a pastie place just outside of Clare.  I highly recommend it.

No comments: