Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Wolverine Passes Ypsilanti

Maybe I should have finished this in the last post but I suppose now is good as any time.  So it turns out that the 767 and DC-10 kept getting delayed and I realized that it would be at lease another hour and half before I saw the planes after seeing them take off from Memphis.  As I left the airport, I checked Marine Traffic and saw two ships that I might be able to catch.  When I realized I wouldn't catch them, I decided to check the Amtrak page to see when the Wolverine was passing and it turned out I could catch that.
 I wasn't sure if I could catch it at my normal spot in Depot Town, so I figured out a spot where I could catch it.  This particular one is by the Valu World store in eastern Ypsilanti.  There is a little spot where you can see the train.
 It's actually not a bad spot to catch the train.  The trees in the background help I think.
 The presence of signals helps too.
 I kind of like the reflections of the signals in this picture.  I also like the dust or whatever is being kicked up.  It kind of reminds me of my snow pictures.
 Anotehr shot.
 A shot of just the engine.
And the train passes.  It was on its way to Dearborn.  From there, it would go to Detroit.  Eventually it would end up in Pontiac.

No comments: