Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The Algoma Conveyor Unloading in Windsor

On Monday, I decided to head down to Del Ray Park.  There was a ship I wanted to catch.  While I was waiting for that ship, I noticed that the Algoma Conveyor was unloading across the river.  So I had to get pictures of her.
 The Algoma Conveyor is one of the newer Equinox boats for Algoma Central.  She was built in 2017.  Originally at the Natong shipyard but they went out of business, Algoma bought the ship at auction and completed the construction at another Chinese shipyard.  I think the Conveyor may be one of the last Equinox boats to be built in China.  The rest are going to be built in Croatia (I think).
 A shot of her unloading boom.  Typically there is a conveyor of some sort in the bottom of the hold.  It feeds whatever material is being unloaded towards the boom.  The boom then conveys it out.  In this case, I think she is unloading stone.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  This class has larger windows to help in navigating some of the rivers and what not they go through.
 Her lifeboat.  This is a semi-submersible craft that can remain afloat is rough seas.  I'm not sure if they have to use the crane to lift it or if it can just slide of the rails.  Either way, it can be operated in rough seas.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 Her bow.  The "x" symbol is to indicate her bow thrusters.
 A shot of her stack.  I think she is equipped with a scrubber so that she can conform to current pollution controls.
 Her hatch crane.  This is used to remove her deck hatches.
 Her plimsoll lines.
Another shot of her bow.

No comments: