Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Robert S. Pierson Laid Up

One of the big side effects of the COVID-19 pandemic is the number of businesses that are idled by it.  The shipping industry is dependent upon many of the industries remaining open.  Because so many places are idled (or partially idled), there are quite a few ships laid up right now.

I was hoping to catch the Wilfred Sykes at least once while I have quite a bit of time on my hands then I saw a post that she was going back to lay up.  When I see pictures of all the ships in lay up, it's pretty amazing.   Looking at the data for Michigan, it doesn't look like we are out of the woods yet.  Anyway....
 There are two ships current laid up in Sarnia.  The Robert S. Pierson is laid up in a spot where you can see her.  There is an Algoma boat behind the trees.  I'm not sure which one.
 I would have though she would have laid up elsewhere as she is usually in eastern Lake Ontario.  It was still nice to see her however.
A closeup of her pilothouse.

No comments: