Friday, June 5, 2020

Catching the Herbert C. Jackson

So I decided to head back by way of Alpena.  I was thinking that the F-16s were parked at the Alpena airport and I was hoping to catch another glimpse of them.  That wasn't the case.  So headed south on US-23.  I actually like that drive because it is pretty nice.  I was amazed at the amount of water I saw and I'm hoping we don't get much more rain because it could get ugly.
As I looked out on the water, I saw a ship.  So I had to find a spot where I could pull off to get a picture of it.  I think I caught it around Alabaster, so this is the point where Lake Huron become the Saginaw Bay.  The ship in question was the Herbert C. Jackson and she was heading to Bay City.  If it weren't so late, I would have tried to catch her coming in.  It was still pretty neat to catch her on the Lake.

No comments: