Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Empire Builder - Part 6 - Washington

Morning brought us somewhere into Washington (I think it was pretty much the eastern end of the state). It was a pretty nice sight to wake up to at any rate.

This was a waterfall somewhere.

The clouds rising up over the mountains. I thought this one made for a beautiful shot.

Another cloud shrouded mountain. I believe the river is the Columbia River.

I wish I knew what mountain this was.

The granite face of another mountain.

Another shot of the mountain.

The Columbia River again.

As we were rolling by, I looked out the window and saw this plane which is a Russian plane.

This is the USS Abraham Lincoln in Everett.

The USS Ford which is a frigate.

A head on shot of the harbor.

Looking out across the bay.

As we are coming into the railroad station in Seattle.

So that concludes my trip on the Empire Builder. Overall, it was a pretty pleasant experience. The staff on the train was pretty good. The food in the dining car was pretty good as well. Although, I think I should have gotten a sleeper car as I couldn't sleep that well on the chairs, but they reclined enough that I eventually got to sleep.

No comments: