Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Golden Gate Bridge

Another iconic image in San Francisco is the Golden Gate Bridge. It was completed in 1937 and was the longest span at that time. Now it is the second longest after the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (it barely beats out the Mackinac Bridge). It is a very nice looking bridge, although I'm still partial to the Mackinac Bridge.

This is a shot from the Fisherman's Wharf. Unfortunately, the sun was almost right behind it when I went there, so I couldn't get the greatest shot.

This shot was from up near Coit Tower.

So was this one.

And this one.

This was from a park that was near the Presidio.

Same park, different angle.



I kind of like this shot with the ferry boat going underneath. It would have been cooler with a larger ship, but this will work.

I also like this shot with the flowers in the foreground.

My friend driving me around had a convertible, so I was able to get the shot I've always wanted of the Mackinac Bridge but could never get.

This shot was from a park that was across the span. This is looking back towards San Francisco.



Getting back on the Bridge.

No comments: