Tuesday, May 5, 2020

And the Meredith Ashton

I don't see tugboats often enough, so I was happy to see this one.
 I'm not sure where she was coming from or where she was heading to but based on pictures that I've seen of her, I think she was heading up to Sturgeon Bay.
 Sturgeon Bay is in the little finger (if you want to call it that) of Wisconsin.  There are quite a few ships that layup there.   I think there is also a shipyard there.
If I didn't flip the name of the tugboat in my mind, I would have found her or I though so.  She is owned by Ashton Marine of Muskegon, MI.
She is on her way from Massachusetts for her first appearance on the Great Lakes.
 The Detroit River always has a nice shade of blue to it.
 The flag on the back is for her country of registration which is the United States.  The Canadian flag flying is what they call a courtesy flag.  Since the ships straddle the border of the two countries, they typically fly both flags.
 anyway, she is a pretty nice looking tug.
 Based on the sign on her back, she is based out of Muskegon, so I imagine she spends most of her time on Lake Michigan.
One more shot.

No comments: