Monday, May 18, 2020

The Narie Unloading in Sarnia

So of course there is the other reason for me to go up to Port Huron.  I think Port Huron represents the best shipping views on the Great Lakes.
 As I got to my normal spot for ship watching, I couldn't help but notice this scene.  I don't normally take pictures of ships loading (or unloading) but I liked this one.  I think the Narie was unloading cargo for Sarnia.  I don't know if that is typical but since they typically come from Europe, it would make sense to make the trip a revenue generating trip.
 I moved slightly and tightened in the camera to get a different view.
She was done unloading a couple hours after I left.  Then she headed up to Duluth where she picked up another load.  As I type this, she is heading to Montreal.  Typically, they will transfer cargo there and continue on.

No comments: