Monday, May 18, 2020

And the Mississagi

And this is the ship that I wanted to catch.
 the Mississagi is a classic Great Lakes ship.  That is distinguished by the fact that she has her pilothouse on the front of the ship.
 I think that configuration helps in the rivers and stuff.
 She was built in 1943.  While that doesn't make her the oldest ship on the lakes, she is pretty close.
 A frontal shot.
 I love the contrast against the blue water.
 And this is one of my favorite angles of ships.  It gives you a perspective of the size while still giving a bow shot.
 I decided to do one in black and white.
 Another bow shot.
 She turns towards the river.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I kind of like this angle too.
 As much of a beam shot as I can get here.
 Her pilothouse.  I think the selfunloader was an addition after she was built.
 And her deckhouse.  The tall stock is a reminder of her past as a steamship.  She is now diesel powered and I think that will keep her in service for a while.
And a stern shot.   Like my other shots, I don't remember where she was headed this time.

No comments: