Sunday, May 24, 2020

Catching the Munson Again

This is the ship that made me go down to Belle Isle.
 The John G. Munson was also coming up from somewhere in Ohio.  I think she was also carrying stone.
 I do know that she was heading up to Calcite and probably would be waiting for other ships to load.
 At any rate, I had a cousin who served on this ship.  I think that was when she was still owned by Bradley.  The grey part of the stripe is a homage to them because I think their ships used to be gray.
 Actually gray would be a good color for ships that haul mostly stone because the residue from them wouldn't show up as much.
 Much like many of the iron ore ships are a rust red color.
 At any rate, the sky still looked pretty cool.
 I really like it in this shot.
 I think this was my beam shot moment.
 A little bit of blue sky.
 She passes by.
One more shot before heading back to the airport.

No comments: