Thursday, May 28, 2020

Calling the Calumet

I had decisions on where I wanted to go boatwatching.  If I went up to Port Huron, I could catch a classic laker but that would be the only ship I would catch.  If I went to Belle Isle, I could catch at least two ships if not more.  Since Belle Isle was closer and I had a chance to catch more ships, I headed there.
It has been a few months since I've seen the Calumet.  I kind of like this class of ships because for some reason they remind me of warships.  Maybe it's how low they ride on the water or the pilothouse but they have a nice sleek look to them.
 The Calumet was coming from Muskegon.  I think she delivered stone there, I'm not sure what she was delivering from there but she was definitely loaded.
 She was heading down to Cleveland.  I think that is considered as her homeport.
 Anyway, it was nice to see her.  When I left Ypsilanti, it looked like we might get rain.  It looked much different when I arrived on Belle Isle.
 As I looked towards the city, the skies were a bit grayer, but these skies were perfect.
 the almost beam shot.
 I kind of like the clouds in this shot.
 And the beam shot.  As I said, she cuts a sleek profile.
 She continues on her way down the river.
One more shot of her.

No comments: